1.11.2009

Green Machine! (By Marx)

I SO wanted one of these as a lad. I had a friend or two who had 'em and wouldn't share. Jerks. When the Greeen Machines were the hot thing, I'd already had a full-sized bike with a sweet steel mag wheel, so there's no way in hell my parents would buy me a Green Machine. Sure I could explain all the sweet spin-outs and non-stop fun but that wouldn't change their minds. I could express my concern for safety and the benefits of a lower center of gravity, but they would just pull the ol' "If you're riding that low to the ground, nobody in a car can see you". Stupid logic.

Huffy, the makers of tremendously heavy bicycles, currently makes the Green Machine. Marx went out of business in 1978. Huffy uses too much metal in my opinion. It's just not the same.

No comments: