12.27.2008

Waffelos and Donutz, yo

I recall getting this as a child.  It seems like it was during a brief time in which my parents would consent to buy any crap cereal we wanted.  The mascot was Waffelo Bill.  Not sure about his horse.  The back of the cereal box had a little cut-out of a western town including livery stable and other things seen in the ol' west.


We also got to have Powdered Donutz cereal.  They weren't great.



They were not a far cry from Belushi's classic Little Chocolate Donuts of Champions.  The cigarette is a nice touch.



Eventually I think the kids realized that the classics like Cheerios and Wheat Chex were the best cereals, and this sugar-laden crap was not worth the hype. Are you happy now, mom?  You ruined me for the sugary crap.

1 comment:

Cary McNeal said...

I don't remember either of these, but it's not surprising that they didn't last. Even as a kid, I didn't like the disgustingly sweet stuff like Count Chocula, Froot Loops, Fruity Pebbles.

The Belushi clip is one of my all-time favorites.