8.03.2007

Finnish Fun!

This little piece of cheese has been circulating around the web for a while, but I just recently came upon it via a YouTube search for Joy Division videos.

Billed as "The Worst Video Ever", this is actually a segment from a variety show that aired in Finland circa 1978. Danny and Armi are the performers, and Danny's still in the biz and has a website, where you can find out all about the Danny and Armi years (and I'm sure you'll want to).

So, why did I find this while searching for Joy Division?


Someone thought it would be funny to edit this video and put the JD song No Love Lost under it -- and it is funny! This is definitely the preferred version. There are several other versions, including one with Crazy Train.

3 comments:

Cary McNeal said...

that is a beautiful thing

I might steal this one too

Ben said...

Hi Lefty, found your blog from Cary's. I don't know why I'm compelled, but thought I should say howdy.(Joy Division fan)
No love lost, indeed!..It would have been a very different band if Ian Curtis had a shirt open with a medallion.

Ben

Lefty said...

It sure would have given Joy Division a different feel, Ben.