8.16.2006

A Whole Slug O' Bob

It is no secret that I am a great fan of Bob Mould's music, be it with Hüsker Dü , Sugar, or solo; in fact, finding a bunch of Hüsker stuff was the inspiration for starting this blog -- I didn't want YouTube stuff to totally take over my original blog. So, here are a few Bob-centric videos.


I was pretty intrigued by this one -- how surreal to see Joan Rivers talking about/to Bob and the guys. Have to hand it to her for pronouncing Hüsker correctly, something the dork on VH1 Classic is unable to do. Cool performance, and a fun (albeit brief) interview. It's really pretty surprising that they were interviewed at all -- seems kind of unusual unless it's a really well-known band. What network was the Joan Rivers show on, anyway? I suppose FOX.


Here's a super low budget gem -- Hüsker Dü's "Makes No Sense at All", along with the Mary Tyler Moore theme. This video has so much going for it -- the beer swilling gray haired lady, Bob looking John Goodman-esque (he's pretty sveltic now), shots of Minneapolis seen through rear defrost lines... Stick around for the MTM theme at the end; the wigs and lawn ornaments are worth waiting for.


From Bob's exquisite Workbook CD, "See a Little Light". One of my all-time faves.


Sugar's "Gee Angel" -- a cool video I had never seen before finding it on YouTube, although I've heard the song a zillion times. Had I a Tivo in the 120 Minutes days...

No comments: